Best suited for 1- 4 people who are used to traveling and collect unique travel experiences. Private, rustic OPEN BOAT (boots and suits) adventure route for you who want to experience stunning places along the Sognefjord with the fabulous Captain Tor - A world class experience for YOU who are on the go! Different water falls, glaciers, homestead places without road. Find tranquility and value as we drive along the entire fjord. A misty morning, a little rain and you glow like a real Viking! Decompress! Sit on the boat’s bow and dangle with your legs outside the boat, and feel the fresh air flicker in your hair, or the rain kissing your cheek Add a Norwegian flag and you are on a fjord expedition! This is a very nice way to get close to the fjord, your self and nature. Some guests describe this trip as a "Fjord gallop" -> That's a cool thing, wanna try?
INSTAGRAM TEASER HERE
This authentic and original solution is for you who arrive by train to Flåm at 18:10, but then too late for the corresponding Norled fast ferry and are determined to go to inspiring Balestrand (or Fjærland) the same evening -This is so me!
TEASER VIDEO HERE
- My fjord boat expedition is the solution for you who are Globetrotters and travel junkies! You pack light, you collect authentic travel experiences. You can withstand both rain, sea spray and sun-set breeze should this occur. Yes, I am so on the goo..
- NOTE: Enter the size of the boat suit (S-XXL) in the message box.
- GUDVANGEN DEPARTURE: Take a taxi or a bus to Gudvangen (you have to arrange this yourself buss link HERE) and I’ll pick you up there and you get to experience the UNESCO Nærøyfjord in the evening. Let me know your pick up point! Balestrand - NÆRØYFJORD - Balestrand is also possible!
We stop regularly and Captain Tor tells little stories. You drink water right from the source. You feel fresh water on your face and the smell of purity and nature. Trees that bloom in May and June. From June to August, the fjord is colored green by glacial melting water and plankton. In winter, the fjord is deserted with with Avalanches and abandoned without humans and life. Only deer and eagles trying to survive the winter fjord landscape. Back to the real roots! Time stands still. Reflections as we travel by the boat. The fjord light and one freezes on the toes and there is real Viking feeling. Longing for a camp fire at the hotel..
You are free from all thoughts and worries and are living in the present as we drives the boat. You are wonderful and grateful at the same time. Whether it rains or sunshine, it might blow a bit… It doesn’t matter for you to live and exist! Happiness.. and presence and.. far away at the same time …. in a distant place away from home. And You find your self thinking about things at home and in life. This constant attraction of being on the road to something new and unknown.. and the familiar nostalgia..
- The duration of this tour is 3h . The tour only allows groups of 1-6 peoples
- POSSIBLE DEPARTURE TIMES: 09:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00 - Sunday Closed. Private only, tours OPEN ALL YEAR => Use booking form. I check for booking in the morning 8 am and evening 10 am. On daytime i am on adventure with guests, please use SMS. Sunday Closed
- NOTE: Show up 15 min before departure at Balestrand Adventure House / Tourist Information
- TOTAL PRICE => Enter number of people on the booking form to see the total price. Card payment on trip day before departure.
- DRESS VARM: It's ALWAYS COLDER on the fjord than on land, also in summertime. We ALWAYS recommend good shell jackets/trousers, good hiking shoes and propper warm clothes and underwear of wool all seasons, especially in the cold season!
- GUIDES LANGUAGE:: English and Norwegian
- LIFE JACKETS: Suits and boots included in price and can be borrowed in cold and rainy weather
- FRE PARKING outside Balestrand Adventure House and around
- RAINY WEATHER AND SUCH? - WE RUN AS NORMAL EVEN IF IT RAINES! WE OPERATE IN FJORDS - OUR SAFE FJORD PROGRAM WORKS IF IT RAINES WITH OUR OPEN, STEADY BOAT. WE HAVE SUITS AND BOOTS THAT KEEP YOU WARM AND DRY. RAINY, COLD AND MISTY WEATHER IS THE NEW LUXURY AND JUST TOPS YOUR NORWEGIAN FJORD EXPERIENCE! TOR HAS 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH HIS PROGRAM - IT WORKS!
- *POSSEBILEY 2: If you are going from Flåm to Fjærland Fjordstove Hotell (6 hour) NOK 4000 is added to the price for 1-3 pax
- BOOTS AND SUITS (state size from (s - xxl) and shoe number EU size)