I have noticed the following: Ladies want to have fun and feel safe. Gentlemen looking for a relaxing fishing trip. But it's the ladies who plan the holiday, am I right? Both want to do something exciting together! The perfect trip choice for those who work in creative professions, have time pressure and need to clear their minds. Are you ready for cheerful pranks?
Experience Captain Tor’s solution to this classic dilemma. Balestrand inspires and is close to the fjord and nature. Here you get a unique 5-star attraction. It has received the award: Varde experience quality. Price includes 4 people in private boat. Card payment on arrival. Trips all year round. Suitable for couples, families with children and friends traveling together. Catchy title, isn’t it?
1) On this tour you will see the famous red dragon villas in Balestrand from the sea side and learn a little about the people who built them. Sightseeing with entertaining and good storytelling by captain Tor.
Fjord fishing in the beautiful, legendary #esefjord surrounded by high, picturesque mountains: - When I was a little boy, my mother used to send me out to the fjord to catch the fish called: Sand Whiting. They are fun to fish, bite easily on the hook and taste good for lunch. Some call them “Fjord Chicken” What a cool name!
Listen: How about catching your own fish and cooking your own dinner when you get home? Butte-fried fish served on a piece of seed loaf and with homemade salad and a bottle of the fruit drink: “Sparkling Margaret” from Balholm. It tastes like rhubarb and evokes nostalgic summer memories. Light some candles and put on some bossa nova music in the background… Then you have created a real dining experience that you do together. Buy raw materials easily in the grocery store next to the Balestrand Adventure house.
How about a bag of fish soup, and add pieces of your fish, isn’t this easy?
2) Fishing trip to the smallholdings in the beautiful #fjærlandsfjorden is excellent for traditional trolling allong the clifs for pollock, macrell, salmon and trout. This is the local culture of fishing and relaxing in the fjord landscape. The Fjærlandsfjord in bright season is green colored by the meltwater from the glacier village #fjærland. Here we also find diverse animal and bird life such as eagles and occasionally killer whales looking for seals and porpoises. In the late winter, the deer stay down on the shore.
-See yourself on a trip with us, feel free to tell your friends about our opportunity here in Balestrand and make a reservation directly or contact your tour operator
3- Scenic Boat route in Fjærlandsfjorden - The energy in #fjærlandsfjorden is special, more original and therefore more powerful. There is something in here between the high mountains that nourishes both the heart and the spirit. It makes us strong men and women. Clean water, fresh air, homesteads. Here you can find peace, inspiration and space for wonder. In the old days, this beautiful fjord was referred to as “Fjordland”
And the Bonus: It gives your life a whole new dimension and a colorful twist! You like to laugh and have a great time. You are generous and adventurous. Go. Live a little!
By the way, it’s nice and tidy, simple and safe too..
- The duration of this tour is 3h . The tour only allows groups of 1-6 peoples
- POSSIBLE DEPARTURE TIMES: 09:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00 - Private tours all year by using booking form. We check for booking in the morning 8 am and evening 10 am. On daytime i am on adventure with guests, please use SMS. Sunday Closed
- NOTE: Show up 15 min before departure at Balestrand Adventure House / Tourist Information
- TOTAL PRICE: When more than 4 pax, we add NOK 500 1 pax in addition. Please enter the number of people on the booking form to see the total price you have to pay on arrival. Cardpayment on tripday before departure.
- DRESS VARM: It's ALWAYS COLDER on the fjord than on land, also in summertime. We ALWAYS recommend good shell jackets/trousers, good hiking shoes and propper warm clothes and underwear of wool all seasons, especially in the cold season!
- LANGUAGE GUIDING: English and Norwegian
- LIFE JACKETS: Suits and boots included in price and can be borrowed in cold and rainy weather
- FRE PARKING outside Balestrand Adventure House and around
- RAINY WEATHER AND SUCH? - WE RUN AS NORMAL EVEN IF IT RAINES! WE OPERATE IN FJORDS - OUR SAFE FJORD PROGRAM WORKS IF IT RAINES WITH OUR OPEN, STEADY BOAT. WE HAVE SUITS AND BOOTS THAT KEEP YOU WARM AND DRY. RAIN IS THE NEW LUXURY AND JUST TOPS YOUR NORWEGIAN FJORD EXPERIENCE! TOR HAS 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH HIS PROGRAM - IT WORKS!
- We have fishing suits (s-xl) and boots included if it is cold weather and wet and that will make the trip more comfortable
- Necessary fishing equipment, seat cushions and life jackets
- Captain Tor has fjord experiences and communication in the genes. He is from Balestrand. His family is from Balestrand. His personal stories are from growing up in Balestrand, and you as a guest get a clear understanding of this, with everything you experience in the boat. Balestrand Fjord Angling is the boat that continues this cheerful pioneer spirit and life in Balevika where he grew up - Welcome to a real, local fjord experience!