The price includes 4 people in a private boat. Captain Tor picks you up at the pier with his boat at Fjærland Fjordstove Hotel or Fjærland marina. Perfect outdoor fjord activity and a easy surprise for your family or friends. Imagine that suddenly there is a white adventure boat by the pier that will take you on a voyage of discovery across the legendary Fjærlandsfjorden. Trips all year round. In March, the fjord is in a beautiful winter landscape and avalanches down to the fjord.
From the boat you will see unique homesteads such as Lidal and Teigen. Time for wonder and reflection as we travel beyond #fjærlandsfjorden. Tor tells stories and you pull up fishing nets in the Lidal Teigen area, set out by us the night before. Fish and crabs you take home and make at the cabin yourself, or prepared by agreement with Fjærland Fjordstove Hotel and the chef if you live there.
WATCH A GREAT DEMO VIDEO HERE
We angel in the innerpart of Mundal for Sand Whitings, Haddock, Mackerel and Pollick. On fishing nets we can get Cod, Halibut, Haddock, Boil crabs and Rock gilthead. A real food culture experience as we local fjord people have been doing this for generations. This is the fjord life itself, must be experienced to understand!
“Gardingane” is a local name for people who live on the rugged farms along the 27-kilometer-long Fjærlandsfjorden.
Ever since the first foreign tourists began to flock to the western fjords in the middle of the 19th century, Fjærland with its dizzying mountains and mighty glacier arms has been an important destination.
Nowhere else in Western Norway did the glacier arms extend as far down to the fjord as the Supphelle glacier and the Bøya glacier in Fjærland. By the way, the village was called “Fjordland” in Old Norse times.
- The duration of this tour is 3h . The tour only allows groups of 1-6 peoples
- PARKING Free parking (and toilet) at Fjærland marina or Fjærland Fjordstue Hotell if you stay there
- DO YOU NEED ACCOMMODATION? - Contact or google Fjærland Fjordstove Hotell for booking accommodation on no.+47 48237844 (additional)
- COMPLETED HOTEL PACKAGE, RENTAL CAR AND FISHING TRIP, INCL. FLIGHT FROM OSLO? - CONTACT TORIL or ROLF IN WONDERLUST.NO OR ON MOBILE 92408940 - THEN THEY FIX THIS. Both have actively participated in product development and are well acquainted with local conditions and needs.
- SAUNA: For reservation of floating sauna DAMPEN, google Fjærland Guiding for reservation (additional)
- We make reservations about frozen fjords, then we can not fish by boat in the late vinter/spring season. Otherwise, we keep going even though it is both rain and snow showers. That's how it is to be a local viking
- Captain Tor, guidance and instructions and his unique Norwegian built Øyen 620F boat. The boat is named "Balestrand Fjord Angling", fishing nets. We can also mention that Tor has taught over 30,000 students and guests over the years as an instructor. Then there will be around 6,500 fishing net hauls in all kinds of weather, and then you have seen a bit of everything over the years. Tor says that he learns new things every time, because it is always exciting to pull up fishing nets from the depths. "The world's best office-landscape" - he says
- ABU Garscia suits and rubber boots and life jackets. REMEMBER to state size (S-XL). You take this equipment on top of your own shell/gore-tex jackets and trousers.l