Price includes 4 persons in private boat. Trips all year round. Captain Thor meets you at the Balestrand Adventure house and this trip is well suited for you who stay at Kviknes Hotel. Perfect outdoor fjord activity and easy surprise for your family or friends traveling together. Imagine that suddenly there is a white adventure boat by the pier that will take you on a voyage of discovery across the legendary Fjærlandsfjorden. Here you will find boating experiences that are entertaining for everyone. In March to April, the fjord is in a beautiful winter landscape and avalanches down to the fjord. In August, the fjord is green and lovely. The legendary Sognefjord wants to reveal its secrets to you and make you happy, what stops you?
From the boat you will see unique dragon villas from seaside and homesteads such as Tenningane and Tråøyri. Time for wonder and reflection as we travel beyond #fjærlandsfjorden. Thor tells stories and you pull up fishing nets in the fjord, set out by us the night before. Fish and crabs you take home if you wish
We angel in the innerpart of Esefjord for Sand Whitings, Haddock, Mackerel. On fishing nets we can get Cod, Halibut, Haddock, Boil crabs and Rock gilthead. A real food culture experience as we local fjord people have been doing for generations. This is the fjord life itself, must be experienced to understand!
“Gardingane” is a local name for people who live on the rugged farms along the 27-kilometer-long Fjærlandsfjorden.
Bring the fish home and cook a fish meal together afterwards. Typically if you live in cabins, motorhomes or Balestrand Fjord Aparments.
I grew up with a mother who sent me out to fish Sand Hvittings for lunch. Whiting is fun and easy to get on the hook. Some call Whiting “Sea Chicken”. It tastes lovely, butter fried and served on seed loaf. For drinks, I recommend the local fruit drink “Sprudlande Margaret” * from Balholm which tastes rhubarb and gives nostalgic summer memories ..
Make a fresh salad, while others fold napkins and some make it cozy with candles. A little bossa nova music in the background always creates a good atmosphere. A perfect fishing story that creates memories for posterity. Raw materials can be purchased in the shop next to the Balestrand Adventure house
- The duration of this tour is 3h . The tour only allows groups of 1-6 peoples
- Available departures: 09:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00 (GMT+1)
- Meeting place at Balestrand Adventure House in Balestrand
- Free parking outside Balestrand Adventure House and around
- NOTE: Show up time 15 minutes before departure at Balestrand Adventure house/ tourist information
- Suits and boots are available for you. If smaller children, bring your boots and park-suits if they have it.
- No experience required. Fishing equipment included.
- Captain Tor has fjord experiences and communication in the genes. He is from Balestrand. His family is from Balestrand. His personal stories are from growing up in Balestrand, and you as a guest get a clear understanding of this, with everything you experience in the boat. Balestrand Fjord Angling is the boat that continues this cheerful pioneer spirit and life in Balevika where he grew up - Welcome to a real, local fjord experience!