Perfect outdoor fjord activity and a easy surprise for your family or friends traveling together. This trip has the Varde Experience Quality Award. Imagine a white adventure boat taking you into powerful fjords. Family. Family Expedition - Stylish name, right? Price includes 4 persons in private boat. Trips all year round. MUST be pre-booked 2 days in advance and please use the booking form. Captain Tor meets you at the Balestrand Adventure house. This is a entertaining adventure trip for everyone. In March to April, the fjord is in a beautiful winter landscape and avalanches down to the fjord. In August, the fjord is green and lovely. The legendary Sognefjord wants to reveal its secrets and make you happy - So what stops you?
From the boat you will see unique dragon villas from seaside and homesteads such as Tenningane and Tråøyri. Time for wonder and reflection as we travel beyond #fjærlandsfjorden. Thor tells stories and you pull up fishing nets in the fjord, set out by us the night before. Fish and crabs you take home if you wish
We angel in the innerpart of Esefjord for Sand Whitings, Haddock, Mackerel. On fishing nets we can get Cod, Halibut, Haddock, Boil crabs and Rock gilthead. A real food culture experience as we local fjord people have been doing for generations. This is the fjord life itself, must be experienced to understand!
“Gardingane” is a local name for people who live on the rugged farms along the 27-kilometer-long Fjærlandsfjorden.
Bring the fish home and cook a fish meal together afterwards. Typically if you live in cabins, motorhomes or Balestrand Fjord Aparments.
I grew up with a mother who sent me out to fish Sand Hvittings for lunch. Whiting is fun and easy to get on the hook. Some call Whiting “Sea Chicken”. It tastes lovely, butter fried and served on seed loaf. For drinks, I recommend the local fruit drink “Sprudlande Margaret” * from Balholm which tastes rhubarb and gives nostalgic summer memories ..
Make a fresh salad, while others fold napkins and some make it cozy with candles. A little bossa nova music in the background always creates a good atmosphere. A perfect fishing story that creates memories for posterity. Raw materials can be purchased in the shop next to the Balestrand Adventure house
- The duration of this tour is 3h . The tour only allows groups of 1-6 peoples
- POSSIBLE DEPARTURE TIMES: 09:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00 - Private tours all year by using booking form. We check for booking in the morning 8 am and evening 10 am. On daytime i am on adventure with guests, please use SMS. Sunday Closed
- NOTE: Show up 15 min before departure at Balestrand Adventure House / Tourist Information
- TOTAL PRICE: When more than 4 pax, we add NOK 500 1 pax in addition. Please enter the number of people on the booking form to see the total price you have to pay on arrival. Cardpayment on tripday before departure.
- DRESS VARM: It's ALWAYS COLDER on the fjord than on land, also in summertime. We ALWAYS recommend good shell jackets/trousers, good hiking shoes and propper warm clothes and underwear of wool all seasons, especially in the cold season!
- LANGUAGE GUIDING: English and Norwegian
- LIFE JACKETS: Suits and boots included in price and can be borrowed in cold and rainy weather
- FRE PARKING outside Balestrand Adventure House and around
- RAINY WEATHER AND SUCH? - WE RUN AS NORMAL EVEN IF IT RAINES! WE OPERATE IN FJORDS - OUR SAFE FJORD PROGRAM WORKS IF IT RAINES WITH OUR OPEN, STEADY BOAT. WE HAVE SUITS AND BOOTS THAT KEEP YOU WARM AND DRY. RAIN IS THE NEW LUXURY AND JUST TOPS YOUR NORWEGIAN FJORD EXPERIENCE! TOR HAS 35 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH HIS PROGRAM - IT WORKS!
- Note: This is an open boat experience. Rain is a luxury. Suits and boots are available for you. If smaller children,please bring your own boots and park-suits if they have it.
- No experience required. Fishing equipment included. Life jackets
- Captain Tor has fjord experiences in his genes. He is from Balestrand. His family is from Balestrand. His personal stories are from growing up is from Balestrand, and you as a guest get a clear understanding of this, with everything you experience in the boat and the program. Balestrand Fjord Angling is the boat that continues this cheerful pioneer spirit and life in Balevika where he grew up - Welcome to a real, local fjord experience!
- This is a world-class 4 in 1 Scandinavian family trip with a focus on participating activities. Here you create your own family story. Here we also add fishing nets and the highlights of all our products. Captain Tor's guidance is one of the best things you can experience here in the Sognefjord. Rain is no obstacle. As a parent or grandparent, this is a tour experience you choose because it brings people together through experiences in a REAL experience. For those who seek unity - A state of harmony. Perfect for those of you with children and teenagers. A love letter from us to the Sognefjord!
- Captain Tor guides and ensures that this will be a simple and pleasant and not least developing experience for all of you. It works every time!