Drop In: The sun is shining & You are looking for a fun family boat-trip ? This is it! Balestrand form sea side. Time for a romantic trip or just feeling the freedom & relaxation in a fjord landscape with friends. Come on, just do it!
“This popular adventure combines fjord angling with a fast sightseeing and spontaneity.. Fun, simple fishing, interactive for kids & enlightening for adults” - Capt.Tor
Learn more - as we see Balestrand’s famous red dragon villas from the seaside. I tell stories about some of the houses. Meet me also as a local and see were i grow up next to St.Olaf Church and Kvikne’s Hotell.
Fish-pot: Kids love it! But did you know colorful wrasse fish also is used in Norwegian salmon farming? They eat the sea lice of the salmons body and then create a better quality of life for salmon in the farm nett. Interesting and educational.
Our next stop and do some angling for sandwhiting on the beutiful Esefjord scenery. So exiting & fun to try your fishing luck for the first time?! Selfietime! My mother used to send me out fishing sandwitings for lunch. The are funny to catch and taste good.
In spring we might see nesting Herons up in the evergreen forest in spectacular Esebotn. Last summer it was 25 nests!
“Some guests whant to sitt on the boat’s bow… they want to emrace the feeling of freedom as we drive further into the scenery. Fresh air. High mountains. Still Water and mirror image”- Capt.Tor
On the way out to the next fjord (if booked you have booked Balestrand Fjord Trolling), we explore a river delta. The water here is clear, while the water in the next fjord is green due to sediments from glacier-rivers and plankton. We see picturesque Norwegian farms in beautiful cultural landscape. In the spring, the sheep graze all the way down to the water’s edge and the fruit trees blossoms. Oystercatchers with their characteristic orange beak and feets, guard their nests and make life.. Field flowers & seaweed..
Extra option: In April- May when the snowmelting its greatest, I can offer my guests a trip to “Kvinnefossen” - a 120 meters higt waterfall (Video). This area is also known for it’s historical scaffolding fishing for salmon. Sognefjord’s tides flow hit land right here. One should be a little more robust getting to do this, because here can be harsh waves in this area. If you like waves, it’s just fun. In May, the fruit trees also flourish. Duration is then 30 minutes longer and total cost is nok 1900. Let me know..
Regards from Capt.Tor
- Excellent and safe choice for those who are on a family budget and want to explore the surrounding area of Balestrand
- For reservation and booking? Please Click here to make an Appointment or the green booking button, at the bottom of this page. Most information price (turn rate ) and FAQ are are explained under each theme / activity title and on this booking page.
- NOTE: This price/turn rate includes 4 persons on a private tour. From 4-6 persons, nok 600 1 extra person (max. 6 persons). Card payment on arrival.
- Suits and boots are available for you if cold or rainy weather. If smaler kids, bring their boots and rain gear if they have. No experience is needed. 3 Fjords in a nutshell. Fishing gear included.
- I recomend that you wear warm clothing for all seasons, but especially during the winter season.
- Possible departures 09:00 - 12:00 - 15:00 - 18:00. Show Up time 15 minutes before at Tourist information. Capt.Tor is tall and wear Navy Blue cloth and easy to find.
- Free parking outside shops.
Click here for online booking